Work With Us: Category Manager
We're expert travellers and we love helping you. Tripaneer is the largest travel experience website in the world.
Discover Holidays now
We are looking for a Category Manager with strong business acumen to lead strategic and operational growth of category website.
Full time and long term (EU nationals OR with a valid work permit) | Join our international team in Amsterdam
Category Management function at Tripaneer focuses on making each category website successful by helping solve category specific needs of both our customers and partners. We are looking for leaders to launch, scale and create successful businesses out of each of our categories.
As a Category Manager, you will combine strategic thinking with practical decision making and rapid execution. You will not only define long term strategy and help manage the P&L, but also lead day to day operations of your category. You will lead a team of partner account managers and work closely with other internal stakeholders (product, engineering, marketing, customer service and others) to ensure your category website is successful and has its own unique experience for both our customers and partners.
- Align with the P&L of the category website.
- Help set strategic direction and milestones by working closely with the Head of Business.
- Identify and lead growth initiatives for category website.
- Manage day to day supply operations. Be data driven and focus on key performance metrics across the category website.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (product, engineering, marketing, customer service, operations and others) for the growth of the web site and to bring custom ideas for the success of your category.
- Project management of key initiatives.
- Build and lead the category website partner management team.
- Regularly present category website performance to the management team
- 5-10 years of work experience with at least 3 years in a tech company.
- Strong business acumen. Ability to understand the dynamics of a new business and customer and partner needs
- Ability to think strategically and develop insights through rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Hands-on and ability to scope and manage diverse projects with tough timelines.
- Excellent communication skills, attentive listening and ability to explain clearly.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- EU nationals OR with a valid work permit for Netherlands.
- MBA from a top school.
- Previous experience managing a P&L
- Experience in strategy consulting, online marketplaces or high-growth tech startups.
- Experience in managing business accounts/customers.
- Understanding of travel industry and/or Tripaneer specific category.
If you are interested in this post or have any questions, you can apply or contact us via [email protected]
Tripaneer.com is a growing online startup company developing online marketplace for theme vacations. We are passionate to create professional websites with high quality content and superior user experience.
We love enriching people’s lives. We believe that a travel experience with an educational theme is a lifetime memory that lets people discover their abilities and increases happiness and personal growth. That is why we want more and more people to experience these journeys. We enable our website visitors to easily find, compare, and book travel experiences anywhere in the world.
We are planning to continuously launch new theme vacation websites, and some of our current websites are:
- BookYogaRetreats.com - Yoga retreats and holidays
- BookMartialArts.com - Martial arts camps and vacations
- BookCulinaryVacations.com - Cooking holidays and wine tours
- BookSurfCamps.com - Surf camps and holidays
- BookAllSafaris.com - Safari tours and holidays
Our first website (BookYogaRetreats.com) was launched in April 2013. Since then, customer revenues have mostly funded the growth of our team of 150+ working from 15+ different countries (Tripaneer.com is registered in the Netherlands).
We are currently looking to expand both our on-site (in Amsterdam) and our remote teams. We have built a team in which we truly love working with, and we think that you will too.