Work With Us: Chief Technology Officer
The go-to resource for planning unforgettable travel experiences. Find all you need to know about the top destinations and enrich your life through travel.
Discover Holidays now
As Tripaneer continues to expand our business globally, we are always looking for the best and brightest who share our passion in enriching lives through unforgettable travel experiences. We are currently looking for an experienced Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join us in becoming a global leader in multi-day themed travel experiences.
Full time and long term | Join our international team in Amsterdam
As our Chief Technology Officer (CTO) you will drive our technical vision and strategy and align it with the company strategy. You will build and lead our engineering team and execute and deliver on the product roadmap.
We are looking for a technology leader with experience in building sizeable engineering teams preferably in a fast growing e-commerce platform or online marketplace.
Part of the core responsibility as a CTO is also to oversee the daily operations of our engineering and design teams. Along with this, you will work to define and implement development methodologies, as well as help to measure key success metrics for the engineering and design teams. You will lead a team of software developers and designers, and rapidly grow the team in the coming years. You will work closely with our Chief Product Officer (CPO), be a part of the leadership team, and report directly to our Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
As a leader at Tripaneer, you share our passion for experience travel and building a global category leader. You take pleasure in challenging your team, fostering a culture of accountability and developing them into stronger colleagues and technical leaders.
- Technical vision and strategy. Communicate technology strategy with internal stakeholders and investors
- Responsible for system design and architecture
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Understand the business and contribute to the company strategy
- Execution and delivery of the product roadmap, projects and OKRs
- Team management (recruitment, personal development, retention, allocation, defining and implementing development methodologies and success metrics)
- Internal IT infrastructure and technology assets
- Regulatory and IP technical compliance
- Assessing technical risks and opportunities
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role
- Experience building a sizable tech team and / or experience as a CTO in various company stages
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Experience with e-commerce, online marketplaces, platforms or tourism industry is a plus
- Excellent leadership, organizational, communication and people skills
- Experience in strategic and data-driven commercial decision-making
- You lead by example, rolling up your sleeves and get stuff done
- You take pride in ensuring high quality
- With your positive attitude you are fun to work with
If you are interested in this post or have any questions, you can apply or contact us via [email protected]
Tripaneer is the world’s leading marketplace to discover, plan and safely book unique travel experiences. We are specialized in holidays that include yoga, surf, safaris, motorcycling, horse riding, martial arts and more. We’re passionate about building a platform that our customers and partners love to use.
We love to travel and we want to share our excitement with you. That’s why we want to enrich your life with unforgettable travel experiences.
We are a fast growing startup that was founded in 2013. We have 250 Tripaneers working from our office in Amsterdam and around the world. We are driven to serve our customers and to best understand what makes a travel experience unforgettable and how we can help as many people as people to enjoy a life enriching experience. We’re an inquisitive team of creative problem solvers, tech wizards, and passionate travellers. We’re proud to be leading the charge in bringing the experience travel industry online.
Our work is our life passion. Together, we work hard and we laugh a lot. Our Tripaneer team culture encourages learning, innovation and transparency. We are dedicated to providing user-centric services, not only for our customers but also for our partners and the small-to-medium-sized holiday organisers we work closely with.
Be it between colleagues, with our customers, partners, or organizers, we treat each one of our relationships with utmost care and continuously seek to add value and enhance their lives and/or business however we can.
As part of the long-term key drivers of our culture and business, Tripaneers share the following three core values:
* Stronger together | Be empathetic
* Own it! | Take responsibility
* Awesome always | Be the best you can
As we’re growing rapidly, we’re constantly looking to improve our team with talented people. Are you ready for your next step in your career?