Tripaneer.com is looking for a Data Scientist
Full time and long term | Join our international team in Amsterdam
Working in a purpose-driven startup that uses data for most of its decisions to improve and expand it further. You love using data to find areas of improvement and enable exponential company growth.
As a data scientist, you will be responsible for guiding and supporting the team with data, reports and models. We have a strong focus on growth, therefore your analysis and models will need to be pragmatic and applicable to the current focus of the company.
You require a very strong business sense, a pragmatic approach and focus on company growth at all times. You will work on generating new datasets and perform analysis from operational to managerial level. Additionally, you work on pragmatic algorithmic solutions to point teams in the direction where they bring the most growth.
The analysis you perform can range from very high-level (e.g. How do we define customer attrition and what are the factors that lead to better retention?) to mid-level (e.g. What are the most profitable customer groups and how can we cater our product better to them? Or e.g. Can we predict high intent customers depending on their behavior in order to tune our retargeting dynamically?) to detail-level (e.g. Are there significant behavioral differences in the customer journey for a particular experiment?).
You will work in close collaboration with other analysts and people from various teams and levels throughout the organization.
- Build pragmatic models that can run in our high volume production environment to improve our products
- Collaborate and communicate with the Marketing, Supply, and Product Teams to understand business needs and pro-actively find the most relevant questions and areas for further research.
- Help define KPI’s and metrics that are measurable and closest to overall business performance
- Gather and analyse data to validate or invalidate common assumptions about the business
- Occasionally build dashboards and reports around growth initiatives and business priorities, in collaboration with business owners
- Facilitate a data-driven culture (Eg: by presenting your analyses, finding areas for improvement in data and explaining those, empowering the teams to find and explore their own data, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant role (Data scientist, Data engineer, or similar)
- Proficient in data mining and advanced modeling techniques including predictive modeling using R and/or Python
- Experienced SQL skills (e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark and similar tools
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or similar quantitative field.
- Strong technical skills, statistics and the ability to draw business insights from data
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). Ability to convey complex analysis results clearly to all levels of stakeholders
If you are interested in this post or have any questions, you can apply or contact us via [email protected]
IMPORTANT: Only applications in English that are sent to [email protected] which include detailed resume/CV will be considered.
All applications received will receive an answer within 10 business days. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. All application documents shall be treated with strictest confidence.
Tripaneer.com is a growing online startup company developing travel websites for theme vacations. We are passionate to create professional websites with high quality content and superior user experience.
We love enriching people’s lives. We believe that a travel experience with an educational theme is a lifetime memory that lets people discover their abilities and increases happiness and personal growth. That is why we want more and more people to experience these journeys. We enable our website visitors to easily find, compare, and book travel experiences anywhere in the world.
We are planning to continuously launch new theme vacation websites, and some of our current websites are:
- BookYogaRetreats.com - Yoga retreats and holidays
- BookMartialArts.com - Martial arts camps and vacations
- BookCulinaryVacations.com - Cooking holidays and wine tours
- BookSurfCamps.com - Surf camps and holidays
- BookAllSafaris.com - Safari tours and holidays
Our first website (BookYogaRetreats.com) was launched in April 2013. Since then, customer revenues have mostly funded the growth of our team of 150+ working from 15+ different countries (Tripaneer.com is registered in the Netherlands).
We are currently looking to expand both our on-site (in Amsterdam) and our remote teams. We have built a team in which we truly love working with, and we think that you will too.