As the growth and strategy analyst, you will be responsible for guiding and supporting the team with data in a long-term effort to help facilitate a strong data-driven culture. You will sometimes work on request, and sometimes challenge current assumptions or help find gaps and room for improvement from the data.
You will have a dedicated analytical role within Tripaneer.com and you require a very strong business sense, a pragmatic approach and focus on company growth at all times.
Topics can range from very high-level (Eg: What market to move in next? What languages to expand to?) to mid-level (Eg: What is the value of offering payments on-site?) to detail-level (Eg: What shall we prioritize to add most value for surf camps in Sri Lanka - getting more supply, improve landing pages, or explore new marketing channels?). Regularly, the best solution will be building reports and dashboards to scale your own workload.
You will report to our CEO, but will work in close collaboration with key people from various teams and levels throughout the organization.
- Build dashboards and reports around growth initiatives and business priorities, in collaboration with business owners
- Create forecasts and collaborate with the finance team to make sure we maintain a healthy financial situation
- Facilitate a data-driven culture (Eg: by building dashboards, finding areas for improvement in data and explaining those, empowering the teams to find and explore their own data, etc.)
- Gather data to validate or invalidate common assumptions about the business
- Create or help create prioritization algorithms for business efficiency or operational efficiency
- Collaborate and communicate with the Marketing, Supply, and Product Teams to understand business needs and pro-actively find the most relevant questions and areas for further research.
- Continuously find smaller and bigger areas of improvement and feed those ideas back to the team
- Deep dive into strategic A/B experiments to understand implications of website and business changes
- Track and measure over time change impacts of changes that are hard to A/B test
- Help define KPI’s and metrics that are measurable and closest to overall business performance
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, in mathematics, engineering, physics or a similar field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (English written & verbal)
- Proven experience in mySQL
- Decent scripting experience or willingness to learn
- Between 1-5 years experience in a commercial data-driven role (Eg: business analyst, business intelligence, or business-driven data scientist)
- At least 1 year experience in E-commerce or digital growth company
- Hands-on experience on ownership, execution and collaboration in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial experience is a big plus
- Experience with MongoDB/JSON is a plus
- Experience with online experimentation is a plus
- Team lead experience, or ambition with potential to grow and build a team is a plus
If you are interested in this post or have any questions, you can apply or contact us via [email protected]
Tripaneer.com is a growing online startup company developing travel websites for theme vacations. We are passionate to create professional websites with high quality content and superior user experience.
We love enriching people’s lives. We believe that a travel experience with an educational theme is a lifetime memory that lets people discover their abilities and increases happiness and personal growth. That is why we want more and more people to experience these journeys. We enable our website visitors to easily find, compare, and book travel experiences anywhere in the world.
We are planning to continuously launch new theme vacation websites, and some of our current websites are:
- BookYogaRetreats.com - Yoga retreats and holidays
- BookMartialArts.com - Martial arts camps and vacations
- BookCulinaryVacations.com - Cooking holidays and wine tours
- BookSurfCamps.com - Surf camps and holidays
- BookAllSafaris.com - Safari tours and holidays
Our first website (BookYogaRetreats.com) was launched in April 2013. Since then, customer revenues have mostly funded the growth of our team of 150+ working from 15+ different countries (Tripaneer.com is registered in the Netherlands).
We are currently looking to expand both our on-site (in Amsterdam) and our remote teams. We have built a team in which we truly love working with, and we think that you will too.