Work With Us: Head of Accounting
We're expert travellers and we love helping you. Tripaneer is the largest travel experience website in the world.
Discover Holidays now
As Tripaneer continues to expand our business globally, we are always looking for the best and brightest who share our passion in enriching lives through unforgettable travel experiences. We are currently looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to join us in building a global leader in multi-day themed travel experiences.
Full time and long term | Join our international team in Amsterdam
As our Head of Accounting you will drive and execute the company’s financial planning and budgeting cycle, report the monthly figures, develop cash flow forecasts; analyze variances against budget and make recommendations for improvements.
We are looking for a candidate with experience with implementing audited reporting in IFRS. You will work together with our auditors and ensure full transparency over the financial performance of the company. You will lead a team of 2 finance professionals who report to you and report directly to our CFO.
- Oversee and ensure accuracy of the complete financial administration
- Prepare timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Manage cash flow and cash controls
- Enforce internal controls and establish accounting policies according to IFRS
- Oversee daily operations of the accounting team
- Ensure complete tax compliance
- Risk management / Fx
- Oversee Payroll process
- 8+ years relevant work experience
- Academic degree in Accounting or Finance
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CPA)
- Proven knowledge of data analysis, financial models and budgeting and forecasting methods
- Experience with implementing IFRS and audited reporting is desired
- Experience with automation of bookkeeping is desired
- Experience in a major external audit firm is a plus
- Experience with currency exchange rate management is a plus
- Experience with e-commerce, online marketplaces, or travel & tourism is a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- You show a hands-on approach, can post the transactions to the general ledger accounts yourself and are willing to deep dive into the numbers
- You take pride in ensuring high quality
- You lead by example, rolling up your sleeves and execute
- With your positive can-do attitude you are fun to work with
Why join us?
- It’s an adventure to build a global leader in multi-day themed travel experiences!
- The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international team
- Level of responsibility and tasks will grow quickly based on performance excellence
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no point coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. We make things happen, quickly
- Hands-on training and support is provided for all team members
- Flexible benefits, 25 annual leave days, discount on our products
If you are interested in this post or have any questions, you can apply or contact us via [email protected]
Tripaneer.com is a growing online startup company developing travel websites for theme vacations. We are passionate to create professional websites with high quality content and superior user experience.
We love enriching people’s lives. We believe that a travel experience with an educational theme is a lifetime memory that lets people discover their abilities and increases happiness and personal growth. That is why we want more and more people to experience these journeys. We enable our website visitors to easily find, compare, and book travel experiences anywhere in the world.
We are planning to continuously launch new theme vacation websites, and some of our current websites are:
- BookYogaRetreats.com - Yoga retreats and holidays
- BookMartialArts.com - Martial arts camps and vacations
- BookCulinaryVacations.com - Cooking holidays and wine tours
- BookSurfCamps.com - Surf camps and holidays
- BookAllSafaris.com - Safari tours and holidays
Our first website (BookYogaRetreats.com) was launched in April 2013. Since then, customer revenues have mostly funded the growth of our team of 150+ working from 15+ different countries (Tripaneer.com is registered in the Netherlands).
We are currently looking to expand our remote teams. We have built a team in which we truly love working with, and we think that you will too.