As the lead analyst you will be responsible for guiding and supporting the team with data and help maintaining a strong data driven culture. You will sometimes work on request and sometimes challenge current assumptions or help find gaps and room for improvement from the data.
You will be the first dedicated analytical role within tripaneer.com and you require very strong business sense, a pragmatic approach and focus on company growth at all times.
Topics will range from very high level (what market to move in next, what languages to expand to) to mid-level (what is the value of offering payments on site) to detail-level (why is this experiment not behaving like we thought it would). Later in the role there will the possibility to build out a team.
You will report to our CMO, but will work in close collaboration with people from various teams and levels through the organization.
- Create and update monthly and weekly progress updates on growth initiatives
- Get data to validate or de-validate common assumptions about the business
- Create or help create prioritization algorithms for business efficiency or operational efficiency
- Collaborate and communicate with the Marketing, Supply, and Product Teams to understand business needs and pro-actively find the most relevant questions and areas for further research
- Continuously find smaller and bigger areas of improvement and feed those ideas back to the team
- Deep dive into strategic AB experiments to understand implications of website and business changes
- Track and measure over time change impacts of changes that are hard to AB test
- Help define KPI’s and metrics that are measurable and closest to overall business performance
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, in mathematics, engineering, physics or a similar field
- 3-5 experience in a data driven role, business analyst, business intelligence or (business driven) data scientist
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (English written & verbal)
- Good scripting (python) and (my)SQL skills
- Experience with MongoDB/JSON is a plus
- Hands-on experience on ownership, execution and collaboration in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial experience is a big plus
- Experience with online experimentation
- 3-5 years experience in E-commerce
- Team lead experience is a plus
- Potential and ambition to grow and build a team
Work week: 40 hours per week, working days are negotiable.
Term: 12 months (with extension possibilities).
Trial period: 4 weeks
Start date: As soon as possible
If you are interested in this post or have any questions, you can apply or contact us via HR.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following:
- Motivation letter
- Detailed resume/CV
- Possible start date
IMPORTANT: Only applications in English sent to HR.email@example.com which include a motivation letter, resume and potential start date will be considered.
About Tripaneer (previously known as eBookingServices)
Tripaneer.com is a growing online startup company developing travel websites for theme vacations. We are passionate to create professional websites with high quality content and superior user experience.
We love enriching people’s lives. We believe that a travel experience with an educational theme is a lifetime memory that lets people discover their abilities and increases happiness and personal growth. That is why we want more and more people to experience these journeys. We enable our website visitors to easily find, compare, and book travel experiences anywhere in the world.
We are planning to continuously launch new theme vacation websites, and some of our current websites are:
- BookYogaRetreats.com - Yoga retreats and holidays
- BookMartialArts.com - Martial arts camps and vacations
- BookCulinaryVacations.com - Cooking holidays and wine tours
- BookSurfCamps.com - Surf camps and holidays
- BookAllSafaris.com - Safari tours and holidays
Our first website (BookYogaRetreats.com) was launched in April 2013. Since then, customer revenues have mostly funded the growth of our team of 150+ working from 15+ different countries (Tripaneer.com is registered in the Netherlands).
We are currently looking to expand both our on-site (in Amsterdam) and our remote teams. We have built a team in which we truly love working with, and we think that you will too.