Work with Us: Native Editor/Translator (German)
The go-to resource for planning unforgettable travel experiences. Find all you need to know about the top destinations and enrich your life through travel.
Discover Holidays now
Tripaneer.com is looking for full-time Home-based Online Native Editor/Translator (German) with excellent communication skills and working ethics.
Location: Any location of your choice (anywhere in the world) with a reliable and fast internet connection.
We are looking for native speaker who have relocated outside their home country permanently or for long term.
As a Native Editor/Translator, you will be responsible for the content of our website in your language. You will create content, translate from English to your native language and from your native language to English, check and approve the translations of the texts for our website. Together with your colleagues and manager you will ensure our high standards in service and quality.
- Translate, check and approve translated texts | 40 – 50% of work week
- Create listings | 40 - 50% of work week
- Administrative support | 5-10% of work week
You will receive an intensive training and work closely with your editors/translators colleagues and manager to ensure that the work is clear for you. We will make sure the work is well prioritized and scoped for you to deliver successful work. You will be submitting daily progress reports and we will have weekly VoIP conference calls. When needed, we will have email or direct telephone contact. You will maintain our high quality standards on every aspect of the job.
You will be working from your home or any other location of your choice. Your working schedule is flexible and negotiable. You will largely be able to plan your own working week.
- Native German speaker.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in native language and in English.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, any field.
- Fresh graduates / Entry level applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent computer (Microsoft office) skills.
- Ability to stay focused while working on large tasks, while retaining close attention to detail.
- Work attitude with focus for high accuracy and precision is a must.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive and use own initiative.
- Ability to learn on the fly, and have the drive to grow on a personal and professional scale.
- Experienced using CAT tools.
- Experienced using a range of online tools and services (e.g.wikis and blogs).
- Experienced using a photo editing tools (e.g. photoshop).
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Experienced with Internet Marketing / SEO.
Work week: Minimum 40 hours per week, working days are negotiable.
Term: 12 months (with extension possibilities).
Trial period: 8 weeks.
Location: Your home or any other location of your choice (anywhere in the world) with a reliable and fast internet connection.
Start date: As soon as possible.
If you are interested in this post or have any questions, you can apply or contact us via [email protected]
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following:
- Motivation letter in English
- Detailed resume/CV in English
- A list with the following data:
- Your location
- Highest education and date of graduation
- Scores and dates of English level tests
- List experience with Microsoft office
- List experience with online tools
- List experience with Photo editing tools
- Summarize travel experience
- Experience living abroad
- Expected salary
- Expected hours in work week
- Preferred working schedule (Eg: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.)
- Possible start date
- Website name on which you have originally found this vacancy
IMPORTANT: Only applications in English sent to [email protected] which include a motivation letter, resume and list of data as described above will be considered.
Tripaneer is the world’s leading marketplace to discover, plan and safely book unique travel experiences. We are specialized in holidays that include yoga, surf, safaris, motorcycling, horse riding, martial arts and more. We’re passionate about building a platform that our customers and partners love to use.
We love to travel and we want to share our excitement with you. That’s why we want to enrich your life with unforgettable travel experiences.
We are a fast growing startup that was founded in 2013. We have 250+ Tripaneers working from our office in Amsterdam and around the world. We are driven to serve our customers and to best understand what makes a travel experience unforgettable and how we can help as many people as people to enjoy a life enriching experience. We’re an inquisitive team of creative problem solvers, tech wizards, and passionate travellers. We’re proud to be leading the charge in bringing the experience travel industry online.
Our work is our life passion. Together, we work hard and we laugh a lot. Our Tripaneer team culture encourages learning, innovation and transparency. We are dedicated to providing user-centric services, not only for our customers but also for our partners and the small-to-medium-sized holiday organisers we work closely with.
Be it between colleagues, with our customers, partners, or organizers, we treat each one of our relationships with utmost care and continuously seek to add value and enhance their lives and/or business however we can.
As part of the long-term key drivers of our culture and business, Tripaneers share the following three core values:
- Stronger together | Be empathetic
- Own it! | Take responsibility
- Awesome always | Be the best you can
As we’re growing rapidly, we’re constantly looking to improve our team with talented people. Are you ready for your next step in your career?