Work with Us: Senior Software Developer
We're expert travellers and we love helping you. Tripaneer is the largest travel experience website in the world.
Discover Holidays now
Tripaneer.com is looking for a full time senior software developer to work with us in our Amsterdam office
Full time and long term | Join our international team in Amsterdam
Do you think about technology as a way to disrupt and reimagine how businesses operate? Is building business-focused software with modern software engineering techniques and a hacker mentality intriguing to you? Then we are interested in talking with you.
We have launched our first website in April 2013 and since then customer revenues have mostly funded the growth of our current team of 120 who are mostly working remotely from 16 different countries (Tripaneer.com is registered in the Netherlands). Our Development team is currently only based in Amsterdam. We have built a team in which we truly love working with, and we think that you will too.
We are looking for a senior software developer who can take ownership of projects from start to finish. We use Agile software development methods and we validate virtually all our changes with A/B experimentation. You will be responsible and expected to deliver reusable-maintainable code, as well as understand the impact of your code in the whole infrastructure and your changes should be motivated by a business reason, not for the sake of beautiful tech.
Since the launch of our first website in April 2013, our revenue have mostly funded our growth, and recently we received additional investment.
- Develop scalable, flexible and high performance systems
- Solve issues on current infrastructure
- Collaborate with the team to prioritize new projects based on customer impact
- Excellent English communication skills
- 5+ years of relevant development experience
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Experience developing and debugging low level systems
- Experience investigating and solving performance problems
- Experience in a commercial environment
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Pragmatic and down to earth approach
- Willingness to learn our proprietary tools
- Available for full-time position and able to work with us in our lovely office in Amsterdam
Qualities and Characteristics:
- You enjoy working in a young, rapidly developing start-up environment.
- You are eager and willing to learn new technologies, tools or approaches.
- You are a team player and enjoy working towards a common goal with a group of like-minded people.
- You are meticulously results-driven, and will not rest until you fully understand the answer to a problem or spotted issue.
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Experience working in or with medium to large software development teams
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- eCommerce experience
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
If you are interested in this post or have any questions, you can apply or contact us via [email protected]
Tripaneer is the world’s leading marketplace to discover, plan and safely book unique travel experiences. We are specialized in holidays that include yoga, surf, safaris, motorcycling, horse riding, martial arts and more. We’re passionate about building a platform that our customers and partners love to use.
We love to travel and we want to share our excitement with you. That’s why we want to enrich your life with unforgettable travel experiences.
We are a fast growing startup that was founded in 2013. We have 250+ Tripaneers working from our office in Amsterdam and around the world. We are driven to serve our customers and to best understand what makes a travel experience unforgettable and how we can help as many people as people to enjoy a life enriching experience. We’re an inquisitive team of creative problem solvers, tech wizards, and passionate travellers. We’re proud to be leading the charge in bringing the experience travel industry online.
Our work is our life passion. Together, we work hard and we laugh a lot. Our Tripaneer team culture encourages learning, innovation and transparency. We are dedicated to providing user-centric services, not only for our customers but also for our partners and the small-to-medium-sized holiday organisers we work closely with.
Be it between colleagues, with our customers, partners, or organizers, we treat each one of our relationships with utmost care and continuously seek to add value and enhance their lives and/or business however we can.
As part of the long-term key drivers of our culture and business, Tripaneers share the following three core values:
- Stronger together | Be empathetic
- Own it! | Take responsibility
- Awesome always | Be the best you can
As we’re growing rapidly, we’re constantly looking to improve our team with talented people. Are you ready for your next step in your career?