Tiny Whale Surf and Kite Lodge offer a wide range of surf camps within the beautiful Algarve, Portugal.
Jan is the designer and coach of Tiny Whale's intermediate and advanced courses. With over nine years of experience and extensive knowledge of the Portuguese coasts, Jan is the perfect coach for surfers looking to enhance their surf skills. As an ISA Level 2 instructor and a qualified personal trainer, he's an expert in his field, trained to develop and lead courses from novice levels through to advanced and competition ready surfers.
Miri is Tiny Whale’s fully qualified in-house yoga instructor. As a certified Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT®), she has over seven years teaching experience, regularly attending continued teacher training workshops all over the world. She brings the most up to date knowledge and proven techniques to her classes, making use of both traditional and modern perspectives.
from United Kingdom, September 2017
"First time solo traveller"
It was my first time travelling solo, so I was a bit nervous before arriving, but instantly felt welcome when i arrived. Everyone there- workers and visitors created a great atmosphere. What I had planned as a retreat turned into a few party days due to the great people I met there. The surfing instructors were really good too and the yoga teacher is amazing!
from Spain, August 2017
"Great holiday "
Great atmosphere, good food, 100% relaxing
from Sweden, August 2017
"Great retreat in wonderful countryside"
The tipis you could stay in, the awesome food, the tiki bar, the bonfire at night, the great vibe.
from Switzerland, July 2017
I'd book it again! Had a great time.
from Panama, October 2017
"No descarto regresar en el futuro. Muy bueno!!"
- La comida (mejor que en hoteles cinco estrellas)
- El lugar (algo lejos de la ciudad, pero vale la pena el ambiente campestre y de granja que tiene el lugar) Te puedes quedar sin hacer nada en el hostal y igualmente la vas a pasar super bien.
- La noche en la que haces tu propia pizza. (increíble experiencia)
- La música super buena y crea un ambiente relajado(deberían de vender la lista de reproducción)
- Las clases de Yoga. (Miri es excelente) Las clases fueron variadas, para todos los niveles y sobre todo con muy buen ambiente. El estudio esta ubicado al aire libre y es increíble ver el atardecer entre los arboles de frutas mientras haces yoga. La profesora te trasmite muy buena energía lo que hace que todas las personas quieran ir a clase.
- El servicio no es 5 estrellas (mucha gente joven y relajada) sin embargo es muy superior al de otros hostales que he estado, todos son educados, agradables e incluso en ciertos momentos puedes compartir buenos momentos con ellos.
- El surf. Aprendí varias cosas nuevas, nos llevaron a diferentes playas lo que estuvo muy bueno y los instructores son bastante profesionales.
from Germany, August 2017
"Okay wer es sehr einfach mag und nicht viel erwartet"
Im yogakurs sehr gute Führung auch für Anfänger. Sie hat es geschafft eine entspannte Atmosphäre zu schaffen. Sehr freundlich und professionell.
Als ich die Surfkurse absagte wurden mir sofort zwei Alternativen angeboten.
from France, October 2017
from Austria, September 2017
"Different than expected but still relaxing"
I really liked how open everyone was there, how they managed to make everyone feel welcome. The chef did great work as well - the pizzanight and the bbq night were the best nights!!
from United Kingdom, September 2017
"Stay at Tiny Whale"
I arrived late (approx 10:30pm) on a Thursday evening to check in. Unfortunately there has been a mistake with my booking and there was no staff available to check me in.
I phoned the emergency number provided on the Tiny Whale website and left a voice message. Within half an hour, Natalie from Tiny Whale, phoned me back and came to the accommodation.
Natalie was very efficient, she arranged my stay at a hotel for two nights and taxi transfer to the hotel. Tiny Whale covered the cost for the hotel and taxi.
I returned to Tiny Whale & stayed for 5 nights in a private en-suite. The facilities are clean & staff are friendly. The is a great social atmosphere in the evenings.
I booked a paddle boarding package with David. He is a fantastic instructor and makes the experience most enjoyable! I would recommend that everyone who stays at Tiny Whale should do the early morning paddle board, its epic!
I am definitely returning to Lagos to do a longer paddle board tour :)
from Finland, July 2017
Loved the atmosphere at Tiny Whale!
+relaxed, superfriendly vibe, nice staff and instructors.
+Clean and comfy dorm
+Great dinners at the lodge
+morning/evening Yoga was amazing
+enjoyed the pool area
from Germany, May 2017
"Perfect Week of Standup paddling "
Great instructor, good food, nice place and met so many likeminded people!