Online Fitness Training: Get in the Best Shape of Your Life From Home
The go-to resource for planning unforgettable travel experiences. Find all you need to know about the top destinations and enrich your life through travel.
Discover Holidays now
Been wanting to be in better shape? You’re certainly not alone! Every year, millions of people around the globe aim to shed some extra weight and become fitter.
According to the Journal of Clinical Psychology, in the United States, approximately half of those who sets New Year resolutions shared that fitness goals such as losing weight and getting more exercise are those that they most want to achieve.
Yet, we all know that simply setting a resolution to lose weight to get fit hardly guarantees success. In fact, a study done by Harris Interactive found that approximately 70% of participants end up giving up before meeting their goal within only six weeks or less!
While the stats may be bleak, when it comes to fitness goals, there are effective solutions that can significantly increase the rate of success.
Having a personal fitness trainer, for example, has been found to provide a positive boost when it comes to achieving fitness goals and helping people improve their overall health & wellbeing. And thanks to technology, now, one would not even need to step out of the comfort of their home in order to access a high-quality fitness training program.
Plus, unlike ‘regular’ personal fitness training, there’s no need to have a membership at a gym or have your own home gym in order to join an online fitness training!
Curious to find out whether this exciting virtual offering is right for you? Read on to learn more about how it works, its benefits, as well as some practical tips to make the most of your online fitness experience.
Top Reasons to Sign Up for an Online Fitness Experience
One of the most common reasons that people give up on their fitness goals is that they found it too difficult to follow a regular workout or fitness regimen.
When you sign up for an online fitness training, you’ll be working with a qualified personal trainer who will help you to breakdown your goals and make it easier & manageable for you to follow through.
They’ll not only be able to share their knowledge and instruction, your trainer(s) will also help you navigate fitness roadblocks and provide much needed support & motivation throughout your training. The best part is, you’ll be able to train from whereever you choose!
Whether it’s in the comfort of your own home or on the go, all you need is a compatible gadget and a strong & stable internet connection. This convinience certainly serves as a big advantage for those who have a hectic schedule as well as during times when leaving your home isn’t possible.
As mentioned prior, most face-to-face personal training usually require you to be a member of the gym where the trainer is employed or a fully equipped home gym where your training would take place.
The good news is that an online fitness training doesn’t have such pricey requirements and are often more cost-effective. That said, note that some programs may request the use of some gears or simple training equipment such as weights or kettle bells.
In short, online fitness training offers an ideal solution to everyone who are looking transform their fitness & health in a convinient, flexible, and affordable way!
So, How Does the Training Sessions Work?
Prior to starting your first session, you’ll have a consultation that will enable your fitness trainer to come up with a personalized training program.
Depending on the type of training you choose will be more customized than others. In general, though, you can expect your fitness program to be tailored to your current level of physical fitness and the goals you’d like to achieve by the end of the training.
The fitness training session itself will take place through live video sessions (via Zoom or other video conferencing platforms) where you are expected to log in at certain times. Some courses, particularly those that are 1-on-1 however, may be more flexible in terms of scheduling.
When deciding on a program, especially those that include group sessions, do keep in mind of the instructor’s time zone. This will affect when the training sessions will take place on your end.
This way, you can be sure that you’re choosing one that best suits your schedule too! Nevertheless, having a consistent & scheduled appointments is likely to help you stay on track and progress with your fitness goals.
If you sign up for group fitness training sessions, in addition to communicating in real time with your trainer, you’ll also be able to connect with fellow trainees in the group.
Not only will you have more opportunity to meet and connect with like-minded people, you'll also be able to reap the benefits of being a part of a group dynamic and cheer each other on.
As part of your course, your instructor may share some pre-recorded videos or reading materials such as those relating to fitness & nutrition which you can peruse through at anytime throughout your training period or even long after your program has concluded.
How to Make the Most of Your Fitness Training
Can’t wait to sign up for an online fitness training? It’s always good to be well prepared so you can make the most of the program.
Here are some practical tips that’ll help you prepare and be well on your way to fully reap the benefits of an online fitness training:
- Share any health issues or have experienced serious injuries in the past with your trainer or instructor in advance. They will use this information to customize your training program and avoid any routine that can potentially harm or further injure you.
- Joining a group program? Be sure to request for the contact information of your fellow trainees and reach out. This will help you to get to know each other better and foster a supportive atmosphere throughout the training sessions.
- Don’t live alone? Give a heads up to your housemates, spouse, or family members of your training schedule so you’re not to be disturbed and distracted.
- Train in an organized, spacious room. Make sure you’ll have ample space and some storage nearby for easy access to any training gear or props you require for your training.
- If there are windows in the room, open them for better air circulation and lighting.
- If you have access to an outdoor space, whether its your backyard, porch, or your building’s rooftop, take advantage of them and take your training outdoors for fresh air & a change of scenery.
- Put your phone away. Should you choose to access your training from your phone, be sure to disable all notifications on your phone.
- Stay hydrated. Prepare a full bottle of water or two prior to each training session.
- Eat healthy. The only way that you’ll achieve your fitness goal is to complement them with a healthy eating habits. Minimize consumption of junk food and opt for healthier food options on a daily basis.
- Stay physically active. Add other types of physical exercise to your training such as doing yoga or playing sports.
- Always set aside time for any preparation you are asked to do prior to the training. Whether it’s to watch a pre-recorded video or do some reading, it’s essential that you do your ‘homework’ to be able to follow along throughout your training.
- Have fun! Remember that when you embrace & enjoy your sessions, you’ll likely to stick to your training and maintain your improved health & fitness well after your program has ended.
Prefer having a face-to-face interaction with your personal trainer? No worries! We’ve got all types of awesome fitness experiences to choose from!